Thursday, April 26, 2012

I accidentally uninstalled my ATI video card software. How can I reverse the damage?

I'm working on an IBM think pad with windows and I can't run much without the software. Please help!|||First of all find out what video card you have in your laptop. You may have to visit the IBM website and search the model number of your laptop for the specs. Once you have the model of the video card go to this ATI website: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

and download the software (drivers) for the video card installed in your laptop.|||Reboot and your computer should find the card and take it from there|||Which software do you think is lost or corrupted?



Do you mean you've lost the drivers for the proper video card? If so, you can just go the the site of the proper card's manufacturer and down load the driver from there.|||I'm presuming by software you're referring to the drivers for your video card?



If that's the case, I imagine the drivers are still there somewhere and just need to be reloaded. Try going to Control Panel, and then Add/Remove hardware, and hopefully it should detect your card and reload the drivers.



If that doesn't work than you'll have to get the drivers/software either from the CD that came with the card or from here:

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

No comments:

Post a Comment