Monday, April 16, 2012

Why wont my video card software recognize the hardware or install the drivers?

I bought a new GeForce 220GT and I installed in my computer. The computer gets stuck on the Windows loading screen, after about 15 mins it goes into my desktop. When I put in the CD that came with it the software says no new drivers found, altho windows does the whole "found new hardware" and installs default drivers. The software never finds the hardware and it always takes 10-15 mins for the computer to boot into my desktop. I have tried a lot of stuff such as, disabling onchip vga, testing the video card with another computer (it works fine), put in my old video card (radaeon x1900 series which also works fine), with all that being said im pretty stuck. Its not the power supply because the card need 350 min and mine outputs 400watts. Its not the slot because my other video card works just fine in it. Its not the video card cause it works fine in another computer. Does anyone have any idea!? if you need specifics please let me know!|||Sometimes the driver from the CD does not work well from the video card. Try to go on nvidias website and download it from there. Because you know its updated and most likely it will work. Yeah, im sorry...those cheap bastard companies these days...|||it could be the power supply. it needs 350w min on a computer that's pretty bare.

No comments:

Post a Comment