Monday, April 16, 2012

Picture quality problem when connecting video to TV with S-Video TV out?

When I hook up my computer to the TV (just a regular TV & I use an S-video cable) obviously it won't be a good way to read text...but I assumed that watching a DVD this way would similar to the quality of just using a standard DVD player...

For me, this is not the case...the picture is blurry, the colors look terrible, the picture is blocky I guess I'd call it...

Also in dark areas the shades of gray are not displayed well....they aren't blended with the light area...its either...you can acutally see the a line separating the light and dark areas...

I've adjusted the color (tone and saturation), brightness, contrast on my TV but no matter how it is set it still looks terrible...



Is there some trick to getting the video to look right on a TV? I've tried adjusting the gamma manually and using an automatic gamma setup that is on the video card software...the automatic is way too dark (probably because it sets my TV at the gamma of a PC monitor....)

If anyone has tips I'd appreciate it.|||Try vlc media player to watch it. It has an upconversion that should help. BTW it also upconverts from standard dvd to near hd quality, kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment